Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breagha's 1st Birthday Quilt from Grandma


Finally put the last stitches in Breagha's quilt and it's in the washer as I type this. It is the Puzzle Quilt - made with 1930's reproduction fabric (mostly the Aunt Grace line).  The quilt in comprised of 100 blocks with 9 pieces of fabric sewn per block.  A total of 900 pieces sewn and quilted. 



I did the binding in a red to match the flannel backing - which is a Canadian themed fabric.  After all, if this quilt is being shipping to Scotland, it has to have some Canadian flavour added in!

On to my next project - a quilt for a little one (boy) not yet born but due in a few months.  My great niece Genna is expecting her second child, Connor, my great great nephew and he NEEDS a family quilt to snuggle under.

1 comment:

  1. Love this quilt Sharon, I love those retro fabrics, I have used them in a quilt I made for my granddaughter Grace. Looks like a tricky design.

    ReplyDelete